Friday, February 15, 2008

Game #1 in the books....

Morning started with a great breakfast from Scott G. Then we played a 11:45 a.m. & won it in OT 13-12. It was a great experience. We arrived at the pond with most of our gear on. Laced up our skates in a tent & made the very difficult skate out to our rink. Once there, we had to shovel off the access snow with shovels & warm up. There were huge cracks in the ice that we tried to avoid. Most of the time we were unsuccessful resulting in some fun crashes. I also had a hard charge to the net which had me flying over a snow bank. We had a blast & learned a little bit from this first game.
1. Toe warmers, a must. 2. Shields... NO!! They freeze up at times, making it hard to see. 3. Could lose a few layers. I had 3 socks, 3 layers of thermals & under armour, probably could lose a few. 4. Get conditioned!! 15 minute halves sounds easy... No way!! If I think of more, I'll pass it on... the good thing though. After every game, a free 12 pack of Labatt Blue. Oh & we got a free Labatt Pond Hockey jersey last night too. Definitly recommend this trip, its been a blast. I cant seem to get pics up, because of the slow internet here, but I'll make sure to get some up soon. GO MONKEYS!!

No comments: